Tips for Parents
Select a topic to the left to get tips and fact sheets, or check out the resources below for even more information.
General Resource Links for Parents
How Can You Help?
- Be a positive role model in your community
- Volunteer to work with youth
- Volunteer on your Local Prevention Council
- Know your children’s friends and their parents or guardians
- Share your feelings and your expectations with your child
- Establish a family position on alcohol, tobacco and other drugs and the consequences (positive and negative) of your child’s behavior
- Practice skills with your child to resist peer pressure